Sunday, October 21, 2012

Cookies..WTF?!


I was so productively perusing Pintrest the other night and saw a pic of a delish oatmeal cookie and I immediately clicked through.  The recipe called for all your standard ingredients for cookies EXCEPT flour and eggs – WTF??  WTF (Without The Flour!) Cookies, duh. :) 

I immediately started Googling flourless cookies and up popped a million fabulous “skinny cookie” recipes.  In the world of Google, my WTF cookies were so frequently referred too a skinny, even better!  An interesting thing about skinny cookies is they are a lot less messy then trying to bake 
and mix a cookie with tons of flour, sugar and eggs. Lazy and healthy – a double win! 

On my Sunday grocery store trip I simply picked up apple sauce and rolled outs (everything else I had on hand!) and was on my way to simple, skinny cookies.  Did I mention, they are moist, sweet and did I say simple?

WTF Cookies
¼ cup peanut butter
¾ cup applesauce (start with 1/2 cup and slowly add more)
¾ cup whole grain oatmeal
Pinch of salt
Dash of cinnamon
2 handfuls raisins (or dried cranberries)
1 handful chocolate chips (if you’re like me you went for a little extra!)
Small splash of vanilla extract
2 pinches of Splenda

Place peanut butter in mixing bowl and microwave until soft – 15 seconds or so.  Mix in applesauce and mash well until your base in blended smooth.  Then add in Splenda, salt, cinnamon and vanilla – stir gently.  Add in raisins, chocolate chips and oats and mix together. 

Use a large teaspoon and place small balls of dough on a greased cookie sheet.  Bake about 15-17 minutes at 350.  Remove and let sit about 10 minutes before diving in!  A side note, the cookie will still seem gooey when you first take them out but patiently (difficult, I know) let them sit and set.  Then pour a glass of milk and hear yourself WTF, these are good! 
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment