Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Day of Yoga & Shopping Deserves Carbs!


Thanks Lisako/Cindy for the Photos!



















Yay for Half Marathon training!  I am excited that my training for the Savannah Half is up and running.  I am back to running around 5-6 miles two times a week but I still have a long a way to go.  The great thing about long distance running, mixed with Arrichion Hot Yoga is CARBS!  A couple weekends ago, I had spent the morning at Athleta Southpoint for a special Arrichion Hot Yoga Bloodstone class (Thanks Lisako!) and then walked Southpoint doing some crazy shopping!   


 When I returned home –Barnes & Noble, NY & Company, Williams Sonoma & LuLu Lemon bags in tow...I was starving.  A day of yoga and shopping is hard work! It was close to 2pm and I spotted leftover pasta in the fridge and thought – Mediterranean Bistro lunch!  I poured a glass of Pinot Grigio (well deserved after my busy day) and searched for my ingredients.  I was ravenous so I knew pasta would do the trick but I still wanted the dish to be light and fresh.  Conveniently, some of my favorite fresh ingredients were on hand and from that my flavorful lunch evolved. 
Left over pasta (I had linguini)
Fresh Basil
Fresh arugula
Fresh grated parm
Goat Cheese Crumbles (and/or Feta)
EVOO
S&P
Toss cold pasta with a drizzle of EVOO and microwave for 1-2 minutes.  Remove from microwave and mix.  Be careful the pasta will be steaming hot but that’s exactly what you want.  Quickly mix in a couple handfuls of arugula, S&P and freshly grated parm.  Mix and re-nuke for 30 seconds or so.  Once super hot (the only way I like my pasta) top with goat cheese and fresh basil.  Enjoy with your crisp cold white wine and have no regret because you know you’ll have a day of running and yoga again soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment